Tuner Nikko Gamma 1

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir em baixo

Tuner Nikko Gamma 1

Mensagem  ajca em 27/1/2009, 22:41

Alguem conhece este tuner ou tenha algum tipo de informações acerca dele ou manual de instruções que me possa ceder uma cópia.

Very Happy Very Happy scratch scratch

ajca
Membro Audiopt
Membro Audiopt

Número de Mensagens : 1048
Interesses : Já nem sei
Pontos/Reputação : 744

Re: Tuner Nikko Gamma 1

Mensagem  Convidad em 28/1/2009, 20:40

Nikko Gamma I (1977, $400, black w/matching amp, silver, Audio review) search eBay
The Gamma I is a 5-gang rack-mount style analog tuner that was sold in black and silver. It uses one LC filter and one "SAW" (surface acoustic wave) filter in the wide IF bandwidth mode, and 4 standard 3-pin ceramic filters in narrow mode. Our panelist Bob says, "The Gamma I has been praised by two people I trust. It uses the HA11223W MPX chip, same as the Gamma V. Looks tough to mod, with one board above the other, but not impossible. Looks to be discrete outputs also." Our contributor Hank adds that the Gamma I has a "fundamentally sound design. I have not yet had mine modified but it has been restored (all marginal or suspicious parts replaced) and aligned. It is a very nice tuner and I suspect that it has significant potential for improvement." Our contributor Ryan cautions, "At least some of these have gotten really screwed up with age. Bob and I both had big problems with ours in wide mode that resulted in poorer wide-mode performance than in narrow. I blamed in on the SAW filter not matching the other filter. One of our contacts in Germany (where SAWs were much more common) noted that SAWs can sometimes degrade over time and become unpredictable. I have no knowledge of the correctness of this, but I did later take in another Gamma I for alignment that aligned perfectly and behaved as expected. Thus, it's another unit with high variability that cannot necessarily be brought into proper working order if it's off. A good cautionary note for anyone, and a good reason not to pay too much unless it has been measured, aligned, and THOROUGHLY checked out. Incidentally, narrow-mode matching and performance has been superb among all three known measured units." The Gamma I usually sells for $100-175 on eBay, but as low as $50-75 is possible.

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/GammaIreview.pdf

Convidad
Convidado

Mensagem  ajca em 31/1/2009, 08:58

Obrigado Milton.
ajca
Membro Audiopt
Membro Audiopt

Mensagem  Convidad em 31/1/2009, 09:41

sempre ás ordens...
e se ele te estiver aí a estorvar,diz-me...

Convidad
Convidado

Mensagem  ajca em 31/1/2009, 12:06

No Way.
ajca
Membro Audiopt
Membro Audiopt